In cryptography, a public key certificate also referred to as a digital certificate, SSL is an electronic document wont to prove the ownership of a public key.
Steps to get a free SSL certificate
- Sing up with Cloudflare.
- Add your website in Cloudflare (this method not applicable for a free domain like “http://yourdomain.xyz.com”).
- After adding your site to Cloudflare select the free plan then confirm it.
- Bypass the proxy with Cloudflare from
to then press to the confirm.
- After confirming the proxy step you will get a new Nameserver for your domain (don’t click on the “Continue” button when you get your new Nameserver)
- Login to your domain provider platform in the new tab select your domain and click on DNS then Change the old Nameserver from the new Nameserver.
- Now continue from step 5. Click on the continue button where u get your Nameserver.
- Click on the crypto icon then turn on the “Always use HTTPS” and “Automatic HTTPS Rewrites” option.
- Click on the page rules icon and enter your site name like “http://yourdomain.com” then click on “add a setting” and select Forwarding URL. with status code “301 – Permanent Redirect” and enter destination URL like “https://www.yourdomain.com” then click on save and deploy. After some time refresh your site.